Schedule a Meeting for a Class
This method insures that users who were unable to attend a meeting still have access to the meeting recording.
- In the Teams Calendar click + New Meeting.
- Enter the meeting details:
- Title: The name of your meeting.
- Attendees: Optional. Only use this to invite people who are not in the class (eg. other faculty members or external guests)
- Date and Time: When the meeting will occur.
- Repeat: By default meetings do not repeat. See Scheduling a recurring meeting below for more information.
- Channel: Choose a Channel associated with the Team (course) you want to invite. In the example below, the choice is the General Channel in the Team ABCD-1234-001-2020SU. We recommend you use the General channel in a given Team.
- Location: Not applicable. This is an online meeting.
- Description: Add a description of the meeting.
- Click Send.
Scheduling a Recurring Meeting
Teams can schedule recurring meetings in a variety of ways (eg. Daily, Weekly, Monthly). A common recurring meeting is a weekly class meeting. In this case, we want to have an end date – the end of the semester – so the meeting does not repeat forever. For recurring meetings with end dates, use the Custom recurrence feature.
- In the New meeting panel, click Does not repeat and select Custom.
- In the Custom recurrence panel enter the details for how the meeting repeats.
- Start Date for the recurring meeting series.
- Repeat every is how often the meeting repeats. A weekly meeting has this set to Repeat every 1 Week.
- Select the day of the week for the meeting.
- End Date for the recurring meeting series.
- Click Save and complete the meeting invitation.