Virtual Backgrounds is a helpful feature to further engage your colleagues or create an unified presence within your virtual meeting or webinar.
Using Virtual Backgrounds will have an impact on your computer system and may affect the overall meeting experience.
File size restrictions:
- Background image, there is no size restriction when adding your own virtual background, but we recommend to crop your image to match the aspect ratio of your camera.
- Background Video, format MP4 or MOV with a minimum resolution of 480 x 360 pixels and a maximum of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
If you are having difficulties adding a virtual background, please check that your Zoom client is up to date and or restart Zoom client.
How to update your Zoom client
Adding Virtual Backgrounds prior to a meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom web client
- Select Settings icon (located under your profile picture, located top right)
- Select Background & Filters option
- Click + button, choose option Add Image or Video
- Locate file and select Open button
This virtual background will be set as your default
Changing your Virtual Backgrounds during a meeting
- Select Video icon (^)
- Choose Virtual Background option
- Choose a background that has been uploaded
TIP During a meeting you can also add a new image or video by clicking the + button.