Upgrade ForticlientVPN to ForticlientEMS
Updated: 23 April 2021 10:02 AM
To improve the security of VPN services, it required to all VPN users to upgrade the previous versions of Forticlient VPN to endpoint protection Forticlient EMS software. The new integrated platform provides VPN client protection with the following security features:
How To Upgrade
Uninstalling 6.0.10 Forticlient
1. First disconnect from Remote Access (VPN)
It should appear as Forticlient – Disconnected if you are not connected. Click on Unlock Setting located on the bottom right. It will ask you to enter your password.
3. Close and quit Forticlient by right-clicking Forticlient Icon and Quit
4. On the Menu bar, click on Go to open up ‘Applications’ and look for FortiClientUninstaller
5. This window will open to ask you if you would like to remove Forticlient. Click Uninstall. It will prompt you to key in your password to make changes. Enter in your password and Click ‘OK’
6. It will go through the process of uninstalling Forticlient and this message will pop up letting you know that it has been uninstalled successfully. Click Done once it is finished.
Installing NEW Upgraded Full Version Forticlient
1.Please go to IT Services Infodrive page Info Drive
2.Scroll down and look for FortiClient_6.4.3.dmg
3. Click on it to download the .dmg file and open it. Select Install.mpkg
4-Run the Installer from the downloaded location by double-clicking on
6-Follow the instructions to install Forticlient. You will be prompted to agree to the terms and conditions and to enter in your password to install the software.
8-Enter the credentials you use to login to your Mac.
9-A window will let you know when the installation is completed.
11-Forticlient will already be set up. Key in your OCADU credentials to access VPN.
9-After you have entered your username and password correctly your menu bar icon will indicate a successful VPN Connection. You now have a secure connection to the OCADU network.
Disconnect FortiClient from EMS/FortiGate in the compliance tab
And a reboot is required to finish the uninstallation.
Now it is time to install the new version of Forticlinet version 6.4.3. Please go to Info Drive and download and install FortiClientSetup_6.4.3_x64.exe on your laptop.
After you have entered your username and password correctly your System Tray icon will indicate a successful VPN Connection. You now have a secure connection to the OCADU network.
Please book a time with IT staff if you require assistance on this process. We are happy to help.