You can use a course group in Teams and other Microsoft 365 applications by using its course code.
Course codes look like this: ABCD-1234-001 (Fall 2020)
Create a Teams Meeting
You can create a Teams meeting with a course group in Teams and in Outlook. Note: You do not need to create a Team in order to create a Teams meeting.
- Click the Calendar icon in the App Bar on the left and then click New Meeting at the top right.
- Give the meeting a name. In the Attendees field, enter the course code (eg. ABCD-1234-001 (Fall 2020)). The course code will show an auto-complete list, click your course. Optionally add a Channel for the meeting. Adding a Channel can help insure correct viewing permissions.
- Complete your meeting by selecting a date and time. Click Send. All members of that course will be notified of the meeting.
Activate a Team from a Course Group
A Team has automatically been created for every course group. In order to use that Team, you must activate it.
- Click the Teams icon in the App Bar on the left to see all of your Teams. If you are currently in a Team view, click All Teams at the top left.
- Click the Team you need to activate. In the image above, the Team is ABCD-1234-001-2020WI.
- Click the Activate button in the blue banner at the top of the screen. No Team member can participate until Activate is clicked.
|When you click Activate the Team will be accessible by the members of the course group. No notification will be sent via email, each member is automatically added to the Team. If Team members are having difficulty finding the Team, refer them to Teams: Quick Start for Students.
The new empty Team prompts you to Upload Class Materials and Find help & training. Both activities are optional. Most class materials should be kept on Canvas.
If you delete this Team, you will not be able to recreate it without contacting IT first.
Share a OneDrive File or Folder
- In OneDrive, click the Share icon for the file or folder you want to share.
- In the Attendees field, enter the course code (eg. ABCD-1234-001 (Fall 2020)). The course code will show an auto-complete list, click your course and click Send. All members of the group will receive a notification and access to the file or folder.
Teams - Quick Start Guide for Students
Teams - Quick Start Guide for Faculty
Virtual Meeting Tips