Intune Enrollment for Existing macOS Devices
Updated: 18 August 2020 01:50 PM
This is a guide on how to connect a Mac to OCAD U's computer management platform known as Microsoft Intune.
Connecting your Mac will give you enhanced anti-malware protection and device security from Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection(ATP).
This process is only for existing OCAD U owned Macs, not for new deployments. This may also be used on a personally owned computer that will be used to perform school-related work.
1. Begin by downloading the Intune Company Portal App installer from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=853070
Double-click the installer .pkg file to begin the install process.
2. Click 'Continue' on the following two screens:
3. Now click 'Agree'.
4. Click 'Install'.
5. Enter your username and password for your computer, or use TouchID to approve the installation.
6. After the installation completes, open a Finder window and go to Applications in the sidebar. Find the Company Portal app and double click it.
7. Click 'Sign In'.
8. Enter your OCAD U email address.
9. You'll be taken to the OCAD U sign in page: enter your OCADid and password and authenticate.
10. After authentication, click 'Begin'.
11. Click 'Continue'.
12. You'll see a progress screen while your Mac is registered:
13. You'll be taken to a System Preferences window called 'Profiles' and be asked to install a management profile. Click the 'Install' button.
The management profile from OCAD U will display. Click Install again.
14. Enter a username and password for your computer account (or use TouchID) to approve the installation of the profile.
15. You'll see a collection of several profiles download and install after this. You can return to the Company portal app.
16. The Company Portal will inform you the procedure is now complete. You should now have protection from Microsoft Defender ATP through your connection to Intune.