Intune Enrollment for Existing Windows 10 Devices
Updated: 08 September 2020 05:50 PM
This process will connect a Windows 10 computer that has already been setup to OCAD U's computer management platform, Intune. This is only for OCAD U computers that have already been deployed and not for new deployments.
By connecting your Windows 10 device to Intune, you will receive improved device security via Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection(ATP) as well as storage of your computer's encryption key in case you get locked out.
1. To begin, open the Start Menu by clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen.
2. Click the gear to open Settings.
3. Select the Accounts icon to open Accounts.
4. Select 'Access Work or School' from the sidebar.
In the next screen, if you have already connected your OCAD U account to Windows 10, you will see the account listed below the 'Connect' button with your OCADU email address.
If it's already there, you should remove it now and re-add it. If you need to remove the account, click on it and click 'Disconnect'.
Once you are sure there is no OCAD U account connected to Windows 10, click 'Connect'.
5. In the following screen after clicking 'Connect' enter your OCAD U email address.
6. You'll be taken to the OCAD U sign in page. Enter your OCADUid and password, and authenticate.
7. You should see a notification that your device is being configured, after which your account should be added below the Connect button.
The procedure is now complete. Your device should now be enrolled and protected by Defender ATP.