OCAD U Gmail and Google Drive Discontinuation
Updated: 24 July 2020 03:30 PM
|This article is for former OCAD U students who have content in their student Google Drive.
OCAD U is moving the student email system from Gmail to Office 365. Included in the migration is current students, students eligible to enroll and recent alumni. You may have received a message indicating that your old OCAD U student email is not being migrated to Office 365. For more information about our student migration, please browse to OCAD U 365: Student Launch.
Why is my old student email account not being migrated to Office 365?
- Based on extensive data gathering we determined that the majority of students typically stop using their student email accounts within 18 months, and move on to using personal accounts.
- As someone who is not a recent graduate or perhaps did not complete their studies at OCAD U, provisioning a new email account is unnecessary.
- Many student email accounts are dormant with no activity
What do I need to do?
- If you are still using the Gmail service, once the migration is complete, you will not be able to receive any new email but will still have access to old emails until Summer 2021. If you would like to retain copies of your email, please ensure that you save them.
- If you are using third-party services with this Gmail address, please ensure that you take action to make the necessary changes to switch-over to using a personal email address as soon as possible.
- If you have content in Google Drive (folders, files, images, videos, etc.) we encourage you to move your content to a personal service as soon as possible.
Are there any tools I can use?