Copy & Print Services: Ricoh 5th Station F.A.Q.
Updated: 23 August 2019 10:43 AM
Ricoh 5th Station Printing: Frequently Asked Questions
What is 5th Station Printing?
- 5th station printing refers to our printer's capability to print another 'specialty colour' along with the basic 4 process colours (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black).
- Having a separate station for specialty colours allows for such effects as:
- Proper tone & hue on non-white paper by printing a base layer of white.
- Neon Yellow and Neon Pink, which allow for typically out of gamut printing.
- Accents in simple image compositions by adding a clear coat of gloss.
- Infrared image printing for document security (only visible by specific light sources).
How much does it cost?
- $0.25 per pass
- White, Neon Yellow/Pink, and Clear
- For further pricing details, check out our pricing article.
How long does it take?
- A minimum 24hr turnaround exists.
- There are many factors that can effect this timing:
- Job Volume
- Overall Volume
- Complexity (How many passes?)
- Pre-press checks
- For further turnaround information, check out our turnaround article.
How do I set up my file?
- Standard Document set up applies
- You will need to produce a specifically titled spot colour layer in your document to print with our specialty colours.
- Please review the Ricoh Tutorials for a step-by-step walkthrough of spot layer creation
Can I print on my own paper?