Tip: All Zoom attendees must have latest version of Zoom client, app or web browser installed to participate. Please notify your attendees in advance.
Tip: Avoid unwanted guests
- Never share your meeting details (Meeting ID and passcode) on a public forum or social media
- Always use a meeting password (set by default)
- Do not use your personal meeting ID, since this ID are static and can be comprised
- Enable Waiting Room (can be selected in advance)
- Enable Registration option, to help confirm attendees' identity (only available with a Licensed Zoom account)
Learn more about Zoom Security Features
If you are planning an event with Zoom or require a temporary licensed account, please fill out Special Events Support Form. Login on the left hand side of the screen, click on Submit a ticket and select Special Event Support Form
Getting Started with Online Events
Log on to Zoom (https://ocadu.zoom.us/) select Schedule a Meeting link (located on the top right corner).
The following screen will appear.
1. Add meeting details (Topic, Date, Duration) and choose from the following Zoom options.
Under Video (when joining a meeting), set the default video setting to ON or OFF for host(s) and or the participants. This option can be changed during the meeting.
Under Audio, choose how participant connect their audio, by telephone, VoIP or both. if you are unsure how participants will be connecting, choose Both
Under Meeting Option
Select Require meeting password (set by default)
Select Enable join before host, if you are creating a teleconference meeting or if you are scheduling a Zoom meeting for another user. Note Basic accounts will only allow a meeting duration of 40 minutes with 3 to 100 participants.
Select Mute participants upon entry, if you wish to limit any noise associated with the start meeting.
Select Enable waiting room, to prevent unwanted guests or when you require control when an attendee joins.
Select Only Authenticated users can join by signing into Zoom.
Select Record the meeting automatically, if you wish to record start recording your meeting immediately.
2. Click Save button
Confirm your Zoom meeting details on the following screen
3. Select Copy the Invitation link and paste details into Outlook calendar meeting.
All scheduled meetings can be found under the Meetings tab under Upcoming Meeting.
Zoom support articles
Other OCAD U knowledgebase articles
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
Conducting a Zoom Meeting
Zoom Security Features
Zoom at OCAD U