Zoom Meetings 101
Top 4 Tips for Running Effective Online Meetings
- Online meetings ≠ real in-person meetings: The meeting needs to be structured, as participants cannot all speak at once. Lead the meeting, inviting questions at specific times, and use the Chat feature to have participants request the floor.
- Use Mute and Unmute options for Video / Audio: when you don't want to be heard or seen.
- Screen sharing tips
- Mute your desktop notifications, especially if you are screen sharing:
- macOS: option-click on the Notifications icon in the upper right to mute
- Share a specific application or window only, rather than your entire screen
- Store Files in Canvas or One Drive: Unlike Adobe Connect, Zoom is not a file repository. To upload files to Canvas refer to this how to article. Or you can share a link to your files via OneDrive.
After joining your Zoom meeting you will notice a meeting menu located on the bottom of your screen. Each of these icons will give you the ability to active or choose from a submenu of options. Simply move your mouse and select icon or up arrow to access them.
- Mute and Unmute your audio and select Audio options.
- Stop and Start video controls access to video portion of the meeting
- Invite more people to join by email, instant messaging
- Manage Participants, including mute/unmute, lock screen share so only the host can screen share, play enter/exit chime for participants, and lock the meeting.
- Share Screen opens a window and gives you the option to share your screen with meeting participants either as host or participants.
For my details on how use screen share more effectively, see Zoom support documentation
- Chat* opens a window to start a group or private chat.
- Record will start recording the video and audio of the meeting. If you are already recording, you can stop recording by clicking the Stop Recording button in the upper left hand corner of the screen. If you are a participant you must request access from the host.
- End Meeting lets you end or leave the meeting.
*Note: Participants cannot view chat history prior to their entry.
Ending your Zoom Meeting
From the meeting menu start End Meeting button and select one of the following options.
- End Meeting for All to end a meeting for which you are a host
- Leave Meeting if you wish to leave a meeting you have joined
Accessing your Recording
Only the host can end the meeting and then have the ability to access the recorded files. These files are stored locally on your computer and broken down into audio and video files.
Location of your files Document>Zoom>TIME, DATE, NAME OF MEETING, ZOOM ID
*If you plan to share these files to your participants, please upload these files to your One Drive or Canvas
Managing your Meeting
As a host of a meeting
1. Simply select participant's window to access mute options and start a private chat.
2. The participant window will be outlined in green and box will option box will appear
3. Select action option
Tips for a large meetings:
- The host can list all participants by selecting the Participants icon located on the bottom toolbar menu
- Maximum your meeting window by clicking Enter Full Screen (located right hand corner of your meeting screen)
- Designate a participant (or co-host) to respond Chat window and or control other technical aspects
Other knowledgebase articles
Zoom at OCAD U https://support-its.ocadu.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2232/337/zoom-at-ocad-u
How to Join a Zoom Meeting https://support-its.ocadu.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2234/337/zoom-joining-a-meeting
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting https://support-its.ocadu.ca/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2236