What is Zoom
Zoom is a modern enterprise communications solution, with a secure, easy platform for video and audio conferencing, messaging, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems.
Why use Zoom?
When Teams meeting cannot accommodate the user or meeting needs, Zoom is ideal for:
- External Guest(s) if they are not able to join with Teams
- Interviewing potential candidates for employment
- Webinars: one presenter with up to 100 participants who participate minimally
From a technology perspective
- Does not require contact information from participants and participants are not required to create an account
- Advanced audio sharing capabilities
- Built in advanced locally saved recording, screen share and chat capabilities
- Closed Captioning
- Basic or Licensed account
- Zoom client or Moblie App*
- Standard telephone (for audio only participants)
- Computer, Mobile Device or from an OCAD U smart boardroom enabled with webcam and microphone (e.g., MCA 287, RHA 714, RHB 1115)
*Mobile Zoom App can be downloaded by searching for “Zoom’ from the App Store (IOS) or the Google Play (Android)
OCAD U offers two levels of access to Faculty and Staff. Both levels of access have meeting attendee limit of 300 participants.
- Paid service - Staff and faculty can request a temporary account if available
- 1 - 300 video participants with unlimited meeting duration
- Registration option * Recommended for public online events
- Assigning Alternatively hosts
- Access to Schedule Assistant
If you are planning an event with Zoom or require a temporary licensed account, please fill out Special Events Support Form. Login on the left hand side of the screen, click on Submit a ticket and select Special Event Support Form
Getting Started with Online Events
How to Create a Zoom Account
Faculty and Staff
- From your computer (PC or Mac), open a web browser
- Go to https://ocadu.zoom.us/
- Click Sign In button
- Select Sign Up Free link and follow the instructions using your OCAD U username and using a different password.
If you are using Zoom desktop app or web client, enter your credentials using the general login field not SSO option.
May create an Zoom account (for free) using their personal email account.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting
Zoom Security Features
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
Conducting a Zoom Meeting
Learn the differences between Teams and Zoom