OneDrive: Configure and Migrate Files (Windows, OCAD U managed) - Admin Staff
Updated: 27 March 2017 12:21 PM
Please note that all H: drive files will be locked to "Read Only" starting March 25, 2017 to ensure a smooth transition to the OCAD U 365 file storage and collaboration solution called OneDrive. Once you have clicked and dragged your files into your new OneDrive folder, you can continue work in the foreground during the transfer. Even a large amount of files are not likely to take much longer than a half hour to migrate.
Note: You may only migrate your H: drive files on an OCAD U managed computer, not a personal computer.
1. Following March 25, 2017, log off and log back on to your computer.
2. In the Windows menu, type "OneDrive" into the search field and select "Microsoft OneDrive". Do not choose "OneDrive for Business".
3. In the field provided, type in your OCAD U email address and click "Sign in".
The following window may pop up. If so, select "Work or School".
4. Click "Sign in". You will not need to enter your password.
5. Click "Next".
6. When you see this screen, configuration is complete.
7. You are now ready to migrate your H: drive files (or personal work files) to OneDrive. Click on "Computer" in your start menu and select your H: Drive in the left panel.
8. Select all files you wish to keep and click and drag them to the "OneDrive - OCAD University" icon in the left panel.
9. After all files have migrated successfully, you will see a green check mark beside each file or folder. If there is a red x, select it and it will inform you of how to fix the sync error.
Please note: On some Windows versions, the checkboxes do not show up. To ensure that all files and folders are up to date, click on the cloud icon on the task bar and it will show you the status of the sync.
When you click the icon, you should see the following message if the sync is complete.
10. After all files are migrated and sync-ed, right click on your H: Drive and select "Disconnect" to avoid any confusion when continuing to work with the files that are now also located in OneDrive. The following pop up window may appear indicating that files or folders on your H: drive are open or in use. If you are sure that you had nothing open, click "Yes".
Once the files have all migrated and the sync is complete, you may access them at any time on your computer regardless of your location. You may also access your files via a web browser by logging in at https://365.ocadu.ca and clicking on "OneDrive". There is no longer a requirement to use a VPN connection to access your files.