If you are having device configuration trouble and need to access your email and calendar immediately, you may always access both by browsing to https://365.ocadu.ca and logging in with your OCADUid and password.
1. Issue: Authentication failure while configuring devices.
Solution: Ensure that you are entering the correct username format for OCAD U 365 in the username field and you are using your OCAD U password.
Your OCAD U 365 username format required for configuring devices is your OCADUid followed by '@ocadu.ca'. Your OCADUid is the username you use to log in to other OCAD U services such as Canvas or MyOCAD U.
|OCAD U 365 Username for Device Configuration
2. Issue: Apple iCal calendar not populating after re-configuring the Apple Mail App.
Solution: OCAD U IT Services no longer supports Apple's Mail and Calendar applications. Install Microsoft's Outlook mobile application for a much better experience or use Outlook Online at https://365.ocadu.ca.
3. Issue: Shared calendars not showing up in Outlook application.
Solution: Click on "Open Shared Calendar" in the toolbar while in your calendar and type in the name of the person whose calendar you would like to open. Note: You must be granted the appropriate permissions to view another users' calendar. Contact the user whose calendar you would like access to to confirm permissions.
4. Issue: Android device not configuring properly for my OCAD U email.
Solution: Due to the unique nature of varying types of Android devices in existence, if you followed the provided instructions carefully and it is still not working, please visit the IT Help Desk or email email@example.com for assistance.
5. Issue: I seem to be unable to log out fully from the Office 365 web application when logged in on a browser.
Solution: When signing out, you will see a message that says "Hang on a moment while we sign you out". The sign out process for Office 365 takes a few seconds to complete. Please wait until you see the following message: "You signed out of your account" to ensure that you have been completely signed out of the service. This is especially important when working from a shared computer as your OCAD U 365 session may still be active for the next user of the computer. For additional security, we highly recommend using Chrome "Incognito" mode or Firefox "Private Browsing" when using OCAD U 365 on any computer, but especially shared computers.
In some cases, you may receive a 'We had trouble signing you out.' message. This is due to the nature of our authentication to Office 365 and cookies on your system. Quit your browser to complete signing out. Using Incognito or Private Browsing modes may mitigate this message.
6. Issue: You receive errors in the OS X Calendar application when accepting calendar events
Cause: Apple's implementation of Microsoft Exchange is frequently broken and causes random errors for some users. Error message may be similar to: "Calendar can't accept the event <event name> on the Exchange Server. There was an error attempting to send your changes to the exchange server."
- OCAD U IT Services no longer supports Apple's Mail and Calendar applications. Install Microsoft Outlook for a much better experience or use the web at https://365.ocadu.ca.
- All active staff and faculty receive 5 copies of Office 365 ProPlus to install on personally managed desktops. You can download your copy via the 365 portal at: https://365.ocadu.ca and click on the 'Install Office' link at top right. Any copies of Office attached to your OCAD U account only remain licensed for as long as you are an active staff/faculty member. Certain labour categories (eg. Continuing Studies instructors, Non-student/Non-employee accounts) are licensed at a lower level that does not qualify for Office 365 ProPlus. If you leave the institution, you must purchase a license from Microsoft to continue using the software. There is a short grace period of around 30 days before this is enforced, once your license has been removed by OCAD U.
- OCAD U ITS managed OS X systems should have Microsoft Office pre-installed. Please visit an IT Help Desk if you believe this is not the case or if Office requires an upgrade to the 365 ProPlus version.
- Microsoft's mobile applications are free, but you must be active staff/faculty licensed to use it. If you leave the institution, these applications may stop functioning unless you purchase a 365 license.
Alternative Solution (Not Officially Supported):
7. Issue: Legacy Excel Functions Blocking Sharing in Office 365
The legacy feature of "Shared Workbook" in Microsoft Excel if turned on for documents, will no longer work when migrated to Office 365. Additionally, it blocks the inherent Sharing functionality within Office 365. There may be other Excel functions that also cause this problem, a dialog box in Excel will tell you the function that is causing the problem. The solution is the same as below.
Solution: Turn off legacy feature prior to migration to Office 365. If file is already migrated, store locally on computer, turn off feature, save and re-upload to OneDrive or SharePoint (Departmental document library).
8. Issue: Not seeing icons (green checkmarks) on synced documents.
There are a few causes and solutions for this issue:
Possible Cause: If you had the icons before but they are gone, that means that your document library sync may have stopped. If you do not see the icons, do not make any changes to documents until the issue is resolved.
Solution: Exit the OneDrive application (blue cloud icon on menu bar on Windows and toolbar on Mac) and relaunch the OneDrive application. Give it a moment and you should then see the icons again. If not, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible Cause: If you never have seen any icons after the initial sync of documents onto your computer and you are on a Mac, you will need to turn on "Finder Overlays"
Solution: Instructions here- Scroll down to "Finder Integration" and follow the steps.