Faculty & Staff: Configure OCAD U 365 Email on Apple Mail Desktop Client
Updated: 05 June 2019 09:41 AM
/!\Note: OCAD U IT Services no longer supports this configuration. In order to realize the full benefits of OCAD U 365 and to avoid potential compatibility issues, OCAD U IT Services recommends using Microsoft Outlook for Mac as opposed to Apple Mail.
Some users have reported an issue with iCal calendar sync following configuration. Please see the OCAD U 365: Known Issues article for more details.
1. Begin by launching the Apple Mail application.
2. On the menu bar at the top of the screen, go to "Mail" and then "Accounts...". If you have not configured an account in Mail, you will be prompted to add an account.
3. In the new window, if you see an "Exchange" account, use the minus sign at the bottom to delete it (you will not lose any data, you are just re-configuring the profile). Then click "Exchange", and do the following:
4. If a popup window appears saying "Internet Accounts can't verify the identity of the server "autodiscover.ocadu.ca" click "Continue" then enter the following:
5. Ensure that Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Notes are checked, then click "Done". Then close this window once the account has been added.
6. Go to "Mail" on the menu bar, then click "Preferences". On the window that pops up, click "Accounts" and under the "Trash" section select "Never" in the menu.
7. Your OCAD U 365 email is now configured.