Faculty & Staff: Configure OCAD U 365 Email on Android
Updated: 05 June 2019 09:42 AM
These instructions are for configuring OCAD U email to the Mail app of your Android device generally apply to any model Android, though some menu options and screen views may differ slightly.
OCAD U IT Services no longer supports this configuration and asks that you use Microsoft Outlook for Android to access your Office 365 Email & Calendar. The Outlook app was designed to work with Office 365 and provides more features and functionality than the native Android email and calendar applications. Click here for more information on downloading and installing Outlook for Android.
Note: Instructions no. 1-4 assume you have an OCAD U email account set up already. Skip down to No. 5 if this is the first time you’re adding OCAD U email to your Android device.
1. From the Settings menu, select Accounts & sync (this application may be named Accounts on some versions of Android).
2. Select Corporate (this option may be named Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android).
3. Tap the Remove Account button.
4. At the prompt confirm that you really want to delete the account.
5. From the Settings menu, select Accounts & sync (this application may be named Accounts on some versions of Android) then Add Account.
6. Select Corporate (this option may be named Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android).
7. Enter your primary e-mail address and the same password you used to access your email before migration.
8. Tap Next (called "sign in" on some Android devices)
9. Enter the following account information:
10. Tap Next.
11. Once your device has verified your account with Office 365 Email & Calendar, you may be presented with a Remote security administration warning indicating that our Office 365 Email & Calendar policies will enforce password-protection on your device. If you do, just tap OK to dismiss it.
12. Next you should see the Account settings screen.
13. Tap Next and enter a name for this account, then tap Done to complete setup.