Faculty & Staff: Configure OCAD U 365 Email on Outlook for Mac
Updated: 20 February 2017 10:46 AM
If you are using the Outlook client for the first time for your OCAD U email account, skip steps 4 and 5.
1. Begin by launching Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
2. On the menu bar at the top of the screen, click "Outlook" and then click "Preferences".
3. On the window that pops up, click "Accounts".
4. Select your primary OCAD U email account from the left panel of the window and select the minus symbol at the bottom of the window.
5. Select "Delete."
You will then see the following window. Please be patient while your account is deleting, depending on size it could take a minute or two.
6. Now you are ready to re-add (or add for the first time, if this is your first time using the Outlook client) your account. Click the "+" at the bottom left of the window.
7. Enter the following:
1) Enter your OCAD U email address under "Email Address".
2) Ensure that "Under Name and Password" is selected under "Method".
3) Enter your OCADUid and follow it with @ocadu.ca under "User Name". Your OCADUid is your username - eg. jdoe, doej, 3150001.
4) Enter your OCAD U password under "Password".
5) Ensure that "Configure Automatically" is selected.
6) Click "Add Account".
6. If a popup appears, ensure "Always use my response for this server" is selected and then select "Allow".
7. Your email configuration is complete! Close all windows from the set up and relaunch the application. Depending on the size of your inbox, a full sync may take some time, but you may use Outlook during the sync without disruption.