When a course in Canvas concludes (when the term ends), instructors can no longer use the Inbox or Announcement tools to communicate with students in that course.
If you need to send a message to students in a concluded course, you send an email to their student email addresses. You can find student email addresses in Canvas using the following steps.
- Log into Canvas (Legacy) or Canvas Cloud.
- From the Courses menu, select All Courses.
- Select the course in the Past Enrollments section.
- Select Class List from the course menu on the left side of the page.
- To email a single student:
Student email addresses are listed in the table. Clicking an email address will open your email client software and allow you to email the student. You can also copy and paste email addresses.
To email all students:
A text field in the top-right corner of the page contains a list of all student email addresses, formatted to be pasted into the To or BCC fields of an email. Clicking the button on the right side of the field will copy the addresses, which can be pasted into a new email.