Updated: 07 July 2020 03:38 PM
Configuration and Troubleshooting
If your question is not listed here please contact us with your questions ,and we will review and post them on our FAQ page .
Check OCAD U Wireless Coverage Map for AP locations across campus.
Students, Faculty and Admin staff or anyone with OCADU username and password must use ocadu wireless network.
Here is a list of devices/operating systems supported by IT Services:
See the Wireless: How do I connect to ocadu Wi-Fi ? for intructions on configuring your computer/operating system to connect to theocadu wireless network.
1.Go to Advanced settings in Network Preferences
2.Check and Renew your TCP/IP settings
3. Select the Wi-Fi tab and view your Preferred Networks list.
4. OSX 10.6 : Select 802.1x tab and remove 802.1x User Profiles
5. Remove your stored network passwords using the Keychain Access Utility.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Try re-connecting to ocadu Wi-Fi network .
There are some cases when you are unable to connect to OCADU wireless network even after following the instructions given above. For example after ocadu ssid is selected the authentication window won't pop up or you may be authenticated but you have have no network connectivity. Steps below will show how to manually create the ocadu network in order to have a successful wireless authentication and connection.
1. Open your Control Panel
2. Click on Network and Internet
3. Click on Network and Sharing Centre
4.Click on Setup a new connection or network (Under change you networking Settings)
5.Click Manually create a network profile.
6.Click Manually create a network profile.
7. Enter the following information and then click Next:
8. Click Change connection settings
9. Under the Security tab, make sure the authentication method is PEAP ,then click Settings
-You can uncheck “Remember my credentials for this connection each tie I’m logged on” If you don’t want to have your credential cached (Recommended on shared computers)
10. Make sure Validate server certificate and Connect to these servers are selected:
11. At the bottom of the same window, make sure Secure Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected and Click Configure…
12. Deselect the checkbox for Automatically use my windows logon…and click OK.
13.Click OK to Close the EAP Setting window.(back to Security Tab)
14. Now under Security Tab click Advanced settings
15. Under 802.1X settings ,
16. Close the remaining windows and try reconnecting to ocadu SSID again.
OS X (Lion and Mountain Lion)
To remove 802.1x cached credentials in OS X 10.7 and 10.8 please follow the appropriate directions below:
OS X (Snow Leopard)
To remove 802.1x cached credentials in OS X please follow the appropriate directions below:
To remove your MS-PEAP credentials from Windows 8, do the following:
To remove your MS-PEAP credentials from Windows 7, do the following:
To remove your MS-PEAP credentials from Windows Vista, do the following:
Deleting the key from registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftEapolUserEapInfo
Please refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 823731
Use "Forget the wireless network" feature to delete the cached information.
With most devices would cache your credential as default configuration, it imposes certain security concern on shared devices or when devices are lost or stolen. Please note it is important to perform the following best practices:
No. The wireless bandwidth and speed should be the same as previous wireless network, as they both use the same underlying network infrastructure after authentication. Wireless speed depends on the location and distance to the AP, as well as the number of users using a particular access point. Check OCAD U Wireless Coverage Map for AP locations across campus.
The benefit most users will see is that they won't be prompted for their OCAD U username and password once cached on a laptop. With 802.1x, most devices automatically supply the necessary credential without prompting the user, after a period of inactivity, roaming from location across campus, and when rejoining the OCAD U wireless network.
AV Help Desk
IT Help Desk