Who Can I Contact For Help?
Bring your computer to the Laptop Program Help Desk in Room 341, 100 McCaul Street. We're here to help you.
What support do you offer?
- Laptop Reimaging
- Software Troubleshooting
- Hardware Repair
- If you have an Apple computer, and it requires hardware repair under warranty, we can repair it on-site for you.
- If you have a Recommended PC, we can direct you regarding warranty hardware repair options.
- Loaner Laptops for Students
- If your computer is under repair or stolen, you can loan out a computer while we're waiting for your computer to be fixed or replaced
- Data Rescue
- Occasionally we perform data rescue on student computers or external drives if there has been corruption on the hard drive.
- Virus and Malware Removal
Register your AppleCare!
Apple offers a 2-year extension on their standard 1-year warranty, and we STRONGLY encourage you and believe it is a requirement to purchase AppleCare when you buy your computer for the following reasons:
- With the exception of accidental damage, the warranties cover your computer for unexpected hardware failures
- Replacement parts for laptops are very costly and are covered under warranties
- Some computers and users have more repairs than others
- It is not unusual to have at least one failure or repair in your three years including, hard drive, logic board, DVD drive, or a problem with your screen or case not resulting from abuse or accidental damage. Our students have benefited greatly by purchasing and registering Applecare in the past and we believe it is absolutely necessary.
Please register your Applecare here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/Agreements.do
Dell XPS Warranty
The Dell XPS and Precision laptops are covered by a 1-year warranty. You may purchase an additional 2-years of warranty (for a total of 3 years) from the Dell Premiere page. Dell’s warranty covers your computer for all repairs.
We highly recommend you purchase an extended warranty.
If you are looking for Dell support please click here.